Equine Hippotherapy Communication Kit
- Normally ships in 2-3 days
- 1.38 Ounces
- $10.00 (Fixed Shipping Cost)
Horseback riders with special needs can command their horse during equine hippotherapy lessons using voice output devices
Using our specially-created Equine Therapy Communication Kit, riders with special needs can independently make choices and give directions to their horse (and instructors!) during their therapeutic riding or hippotherapy session. Help riders experience a new sense of control and fun during their riding session while working on concepts such as go/stop, left/right, inside/outside and more!
Our therapeutic riding Communication Kit includes:
* 1 specially-mounted set of Attainment's TalkBook Four single message communicators in a flat plastic holder that can be adapted to use on a variety of pads, saddles, etc. with clips and/or velcro. (In the above photo, the device has been attached to a surcingle with 2 double-ended clips.)
* 2 single message, GoTalk Ones, easy-press Communicators that you can stick to the saddle pad with velcro. Use these to expand the communication choices to six, or for extra messages or for students who benefit from an easy hit communicator.
* 2 laminated communication boards with riding-related choices.
Click to see our other talking devices perfect for riders!
"These seemingly simple devices can, for a non-verbal rider, give them the "words" to communicate to their horse, instructor and volunteer. The students love to be able to clearly express their wishes and feelings to us without any struggle. We currently have 4 students using the devices in their lessons and all are having success with it. All therapeutic riding programs should have this for their students." - A. Dingman, Associate Director and Instructor, Friends For Tomorrow, Inc., Lincoln MA