ISPEEK Adult / Elderly Care Symbols CD
- Normally ships in 1-2 days
- 4.00 Ounces
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
Create your own communication boards using picture symbols software created especially for adults and elderly
ISPEEK Elderly & Adult symbols on CD-ROM are ideal for use with adults and the elderly who experience challenges to speech, comprehension and communication from aphasia, dementia, trauma, dyspraxia, and other disabilities. This JPG illustrations on this CD makes it easy to create customized adult communication boards for people you care who would benefit from visual supports for improving communicating, schedules and reminders.
Content is extensive - including more than 800 clip-art jpg images and templates created especially by a speech pathologist to meet the care needs, situations and preferences of of older adults. Most images available featuring either women or men. The CD includes 27 communication board templates to help adults express themselves. Start with a ready-to-print file of the most basic communication images with wording: I am thirsty, I am hungry; I am in pain, etc. These can be used as a starting point; alleviating some frustration where speech is impaired. Also included is an alphabet and numbers sheet, for those who want to spell things out. Where reminders are needed; such as ‘lock the door’, these prompters are also on the CD. In the templates folder you can create cards with wording to use in your methods of improving communication in the elderly. The cards can be made in a few sizes with a white or pale yellow background, for improved clarity.
Simply run the CD on a computer, inserting chosen pictures and change text in the boxes already created to anything you wish. Digital images available in JPEG, PNG, PDF and Microsoft Word formats, the CD-ROM is compatible with most computer operating systems. Find images by keyword or search topic folders. Instruction booklet is included. Imported from the UK.
1. SOMETHING TO SAY -Questions, commands, opinions and statements; being heard.
2. FEELINGS AND EXPRESSIONS -Emotions and letting people know how you feel about things.
3. WANTS, NEEDS AND REMINDERS -Choices, expressing wishes and everyday prompts.
4. FOOD AND DRINKS -Meals, snacks, single items and drinks.
5. HEALTH AND COMFORT -Medicines, conditions, pain and well being.
6. OBJECTS AND TIMES - Things we need and use each day. When things are done.
7. ACTIONS AND PLACES -Movement, activities and where things are.
8. CALENDAR AND SYMBOLS -A visual calendar with all the symbols and words; ready-to-print and use.
9. TEMPLATES FOR THE IMAGES -Includes twenty seven templates and charts to use with the pictures, some ready-to-print and some for importing the images into first.
‘Imagine how frustrating life would be if you had significant difficulty not only understanding others’ thoughts and feelings when conveyed by speech and gestures, but difficulty expressing your own thoughts and feelings. The excellent ISPEEK resources will enable a person with autism to use visual images to understand what someone wants to communicate, and to express his or her own thoughts and feelings. I know these resources will greatly improve the happiness and quality of life of individuals with autism, their carers and support staff.’ Tony Attwood